Spotify and SoundCloud are two of the world’s biggest music streaming platforms. They are utilized by millions of people throughout the world. Spotify is more widely used due to its certain features that are superior to SoundCloud.
There are many artists present on both platforms. World-known singers, as well as new artists, create content on them which includes music as well as podcasts. You get followers on the basis of whether the people like your content or not. Some people even buy Spotify plays & followers so that their songs get more listens. However, many people still consider that Spotify is a better application than SoundCloud due to the following reasons.
Reasons that make Spotify better than SoundCloud
There are certain prominent reasons that make Spotify a lot better for the listeners and well as music artists. 7 of these main reasons are discussed below:
- Spotify houses the biggest music tycoons from all over the world. They have their original accounts on it which are followed by people. However, SoundCloud although has big artists but the amount compared to Spotify is very limited so people prefer not to use it over Spotify.
- Spotify has tons of original music. The artists launch their newly launched albums, songs and podcasts on Spotify first and for the premium users they can even get early access to newer songs which is a feature that is not present in SoundCloud as it lacks the major celebrity profiles.
- Spotify is a lot easier to use than SoundCloud. The latter generally has all the songs that you want to listen to but their original versions are hard to find. It has mostly got remixes, covers and other versions of the original songs. Therefore there’s no ease of access. In Spotify, you can just for the song that you want to listen to and you are taken straight to the original version.
- The algorithms and the way Spotify works for the users is way smarter than SoundCloud. Although both study the types of songs the user listens to and offer personalized songs according to that. But the way Spotify does it is better. It not only suggests similar songs but makes time capsules and different weekly playlists for you to listen to.
- The audio quality on Spotify is a lot better than what you get on SoundCloud. In fact if you want extreme high quality songs on SoundCloud you need the premium version which is not the case on Spotify.
- Another plus point for Spotify is its brand value. The recognition Spotify has as compared to SoundCloud is off the charts. The marketing and ads and everything revenue related is very much higher and better on Spotify.
- The playlists and songs available on Spotify are better than that on SoundCloud. You cannot find high quality podcast channels on SoundCloud, whereas Spotify houses the biggest of channels and artists.